Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Who's more important?


I ask myself as I sit with the children I've devoted  this time to. Children that are not mine of blood, but of spirit. I sit and wonder is there anything I can truly do for them. I send a prayer their way when I close my eyes at night and try to sleep through, what I know is disaster and chaos yet can do nothing to help. I wonder am I the only one who feels this way. Yes, I understand we have our own problems, but is that not the point? We all face issues, we all are experiencing a form of heartache. Yet, there are those who have overcame these triumphs. Once one has experienced something, one gains a perspective of the situation giving them a first hand knowledge or understanding of the matter.If you never experience the situation you have no first hand knowledge or understanding of the matter, the only understanding you have is a second hand knowledge that is subjected to the understanding of another. Therefore, one receiving the second hand knowledge never gets a opportunity of understanding it in ones own perspective, subjecting one to take anothers word or perspective. I myself had no first hand knowledge on the situations and problems in relation to the mental health field until I began working in the field. There are so many problems I could begin to list that would blow your mind; like parents subjecting their kids to the label of a disability yet they are not disabled, but with the right doctor or psychiatrist one can be labeled as so, so they may draw social security. Parents can be found telling their children they cannot work, when they desire to do so and are capable, because it would effect their social security benefits! Is this not a problem? Note, I do not express this information to bring a negative connotation to this industry, but I express this in the hope the focus is placed on the issue starts at Home. The choices we make in regards to what is the best for us, need to be noted they will have a effect on another. So the question than is, Do I care about myself more than another to make a choice I know will have a positive effect for me but a negative effect for another? Who is truly more important myself or another?

No comments:

Post a Comment