Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Method of Comfort


In life there are days, weeks we wish we did not live. Yet, in these times we grow more than we will ever know. Death is an inevitable part/experience of life. Yet, we act as though it is not. Longing for immortality, wishing we would never part from this crooked world. I on the other hand cannot wait for the day when this life is over and our new one begins. However at this moment where I must stay and wait, a selfish part of me arises. Watching the loves of my life become torn and separated from each other as both grow weak of life, life becomes harder. Thick as thieves, they've stayed together. Creating life that created me. Supporting us when no one else did. My heart tears as my mind over thinks. “Be happy she's still here,” they say. “Don’t mourn twice when there is no need to mourn at this time.” Well step into my mind; kind people, and tell it that yourself. Prep, I tell myself. I am preparing for the moment that has yet to come but I know it crawls near. I guess I'm trying to gain strength but no strength has found me. Tears fall both outside and inside. It's as if I can not control them; but when have I ever been able to control my love.

In all experiences, whether joyful or sad there are lessons to be learned. Life to be discovered along with understanding to be gained that was not there before. If we fall into the darkness, allowing ourselves to dwell on nothing but the frown, we will miss out on the beauty that was intended to be seen.
As humans we will experience things we cannot prepare ourselves for, things we cannot just up and walk away from as if nothing happened. God made these times for a reason. For many of us these times will define our relationship with Him. It will place us on either one of two paths. The path of peace from understanding or the path of sorrow given from this world. Each of us will experience our own method of dealing with this life. Which method will you choose?
I choose the method of comfort that may not touch me physically, or look me in the eyes directly and tell me “everything will be ok,” but instead surpasses all my understanding and comforts my mind, body, and soul

No comments:

Post a Comment